If you’ve just began your treatment program, you may be unsure of what to expect. Many people feel this way, but you’ve taken the first major step that you could have – you entered treatment. Once you’ve done this, you can begin making decisions that will better your mental, physical, and spiritual health; the right treatment center will help you along the way by taking you through various treatment methods of interest while providing you information and answering questions as you go. Since you’ve just recently started treatment, these are some key priorities you should focus on:
- Becoming stabilized. If you’ve entered a detox program as well as treatment, you will be in the hands of healthcare professionals who will help you become stabilized. Individual and group therapy will also be used so that you can begin to prep your mind and body for treatment.
- Developing a solid routine. One of the best ways for you to become more comfortable in your treatment program is for you to establish a routine as soon as possible. Your treatment program will be structured so this will help you get to where you need to be.
- Identifying who your support system may be. Social support is one of the most defining aspects of recovery success, and this could include family, friends, coworkers, therapist, group leaders, and more. Your support network should only involve people who actively want to see you recover and abstain from harmful behaviors.
- Constructing goals for yourself. It’s important that you feel motivated and ready to change – studies show that lack of these indicate pre-warning signs for failure in recovery. However, attending therapy is a wonderful way to build your motivation as you discover reasons for why it’s important to change. Furthermore, establishing congruent goals with your healthcare team is important to ensure you are knowledgeable of what steps you need to take next while having a team to help get you there.
- Taking each day at a time. You may feel overwhelmed with the entire process – don’t be. If you’re at a reputable treatment center, you are in good hands; take each day one step at a time – after all, that’s how the most successful people in recovery make it – and you can too.
Therapy is a primary component of treatment for rehabilitation from a substance use disorder and/or mental health disorder. Attending treatment with certified clinicians and counselors is critical for a full recovery. At one of New Vista Behavioral Health’s treatment providers, you are receiving exceptional care, held to a higher standard. Our programs result in better outcomes, ensuring a better recovery. For information call us today: 888-316-3665.