Inpatient or residential therapy is a program in which patients live at the treatment facility for a prescribed period. This approach provides a multifaceted treatment plan, as well as 24-hour medical and psychological support for residents. By separating completely from the daily stresses and triggers of life, clients can focus wholly on their treatment and recovery.
New Vista Behavioral Health offers residential programs at these treatment centers:
- Avalon Malibu includes residential treatment for both primary mental health and chemical addiction treatment
This facility features comprehensive treatment programs to address addiction as well as many of the issues that often coincide with the substance abuse. Our expert staffs work one-on-one with clients to customize their treatment plan to their precise needs.
Benefits of Inpatient Treatment
Clients will discover numerous benefits of inpatient programs that they cannot receive through other types of treatment, such as:
- Ability to focus solely on recovery without outside distractions
- A structured program that is individualized per client
- Round-the-clock support and supervision
- Removal of negative influences that jeopardize successful recovery
- Variety of therapeutic methodologies available
- Being a part of a community in recovery
Inpatient treatment is often the first step after supervised detox, providing clients with the optimal environment to explore the issues that led to the addiction.
Options in Inpatient Treatment
Inpatient programs combine diverse therapies, modalities and complementary treatments, allowing us to tailor treatment plans to each of our clients. Options include:
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Cognitive and dialectical behavior therapy
- Personal fitness, recreational programs and nutrition counseling
- Mindfulness exercises, yoga and meditation
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Hypnotherapy, acupuncture and massage therapy
- Equine therapy, art, music and drama
- Gestalt and psychodrama
- 12-step and non-12-step groups
- Relapse prevention
Inpatient programs typically feature a daily schedule that will incorporate these different methodologies throughout the week. Patients may be able to choose the programs they want to include in their treatment process. The schedule is also peppered with time for quiet reflection and fellowship with other residents to build a healthy support system you can carry with you after you leave our facility.
Finding the Right Fit for You
New Vista Behavioral Health works with each of our clients at our centers to ensure they have the treatment program that is tailored to meet their individual needs. Our comprehensive programs offer all the components necessary to provide you with the greatest odds of success.
If you are struggling with substance abuse or mental health issues, we are here to help. To learn more about our centers and our treatment programs, contact New Vista Behavioral Health at 888-316-3665.