Confidential Treatment. Clinical Excellence.
The Professionals Treatment Program (PTP) at Center for Professional Recovery is designed specifically to provide state of the art substance use disorder and mental health treatment for licensed health care professionals, judges and lawyers, business professionals and other “motivated adults” who would benefit from and contribute to this milieu. Our PTP is modeled to meet the needs of State Physician Health Programs (PHPs), who have set a standard of excellence for evaluation and treatment programs for physicians and other licensed professionals under their supervision. By setting high standards for evaluation and treatment, PHPs have stimulated the emergence of a system of care that has the highest success rates ever documented from addiction treatment (79% – 92% totally abstinent for years following treatment). The Professionals Treatment Program in Santa Monica has taken the best components of this system of care and designed an ideal program that provides evidence-based therapies within a complete continuum of care while preparing our clients for their best chance at long-term recovery.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Private and Commercial Airline Pilots
- First Responders
- And other “motivate adults” who would contribute to and benefit from this milieu
We’ve Walked in Your Shoes
The staff at the Professionals Treatment Program (PTP) knows first-hand the stresses of working in high-pressure careers and many on our team have lived with the devastating consequences of addiction. We know too well how irregular and long work hours, working in an environment that produces trauma, having reoccurring workplace pressures, or having easy access to medications can alter one’s mental well-being and bring one to a state of seeking drugs or alcohol for relief. We also understand the shame and guilt that professionals often feel while they are in the grip of an addictive process that they are unable to conquer by their own resources. Many professionals affected by substance use disorders do not know where to turn. It can seem impossible to find a place for genuine healing.
Because of our experience and focus working with professionals, most of whom are highly educated and motivated, we understand how distressing and disruptive these issues can be in your life. We provide the right atmosphere including being treated with peers, premium and evidenced-based treatment modalities, and programming for genuine, personal, and meaningful recovery.
Strategy for Success
The Professionals Treatment Program treats professionals of all types in conquering their addiction and in providing them with tools to confidently return to their careers in optimal health. Our program was developed by a team of world-renowned experts in the treatment of professionals who understand the need for accurate diagnoses, respect, trust, confidentiality and personalized treatment plans. Our team of specialists understand the unique needs of the professional client with licensure and employment requirements. Our multidisciplinary team is fully prepared to work with all state licensing boards, well-being committees, professional health programs, and employers to ensure the best chance for a seamless transition back to their profession after completion of our program.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation (CDE)
Our professional’s treatment team conducts multidisciplinary comprehensive diagnostic evaluations (CDE’s) utilizing a carefully selected team of experts selected to meet individualized needs for any evaluation. This evaluation is independent of our professional’s treatment program and is conducted with transparency. It is thorough, fair and confidential. The goal of an evaluation is to determine whether a disorder exists, based strictly on standard criteria. If a disorder is present, the evaluation team makes appropriate recommendations aimed specifically at helping the professional achieve recovery with as little disruption to their professional life as possible.
Types of Evaluations Conducted
All evaluations are individualized; however, several types or categories of evaluations are conducted including:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation – determines (1) if an individual meets diagnostic criteria for a substance use disorder and/or any other psychiatric disorder, (2) whether the individual is currently fit for duty and (3) whether treatment is needed, and if so, what type.
- Relapse Evaluation – to examine the relapse utilizing the Recovery Assessment Tool, PTP Relapse Autopsy and group process to benefit from the relapse by finding insight into its origins and to determine what was missing from the past and what needs to change in the future that will lead to a new level of long-term recovery.
- Chronic Pain Evaluations – to rule out addiction and establish the cause and needed treatment for chronic pain disorders.
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation – to examine cognitive function, to rule out co-occurring disorders and determine if return to work is safe, with or without restrictions.
The Professionals Treatment Program is designed for motivated adults age 25 and over that seek long-term recovery and a higher quality of life. Although it primarily targets professionals, this program is not limited to those in the licensed workforce. Non-licensed professionals will also benefit from this approach that boasts a high success rate with clients from all industries.
Our full continuum of care includes the following options:
- Phone Consultation
- Outpatient Evaluation
- Detox services
- Residential day treatment program
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Extended care
Our skilled clinical team at The Professional Treatment Program has been researching, creating, and evolving professional treatment for over 30 years and are ready to create an evaluation or recovery plan that best fits your needs. We offer:
- Individualized evaluations
- Individualized treatment plans
- Chronic pain management treatment
- Constructive and professional environment
- High staff-to-client ratio
- Both 12-step and non-12-step options available
- Partnering with UCLA and other community resources to provide the best possible care for all levels of complexity
- Adult only milieu
- Goal-oriented discharge planning
We work with most out of network PPO and POS insurance policies.
Please call 855-422-4129 today to verify your insurance coverage.